Cosmos based wallets
Prerequisite: make sure you have installed and setup Keplr wallet.
- Open your Chrome browser and look for the puzzle piece in the top right corner. Click it to see your extensions. A drop down menu will appear and within it you'll find
Keplras an option; click it to open your wallet.
- Type the password you previously created into Keplr and click
unlock. At the top of the Keplr window between the hamburger menu and the icon of a person you'll see a network name articulated; probably
- Click this network name and a drop down menu will appear. Scroll down to find the network you wish to use; for instance if you select
Regenas your network then where you saw
Cosmos Hubwill now read
- Below in the Keplr interface this you'll see the name you chose for your wallet, below that you'll set of characters which looks like
regen1pc6x4v4sxlf...05cy3tt4w; this is your wallet address or public key. This public key or always starts with the name of your 'home chain', so in this example it's
- Click this text to copy it and you'll see a notification saying
address copied. You can then share this address with others in order to interact with them (sign transactions, make exchanges, send tokens etc.). Alternatively you can click the
depositbutton and a QR code will pop up, which another person can then scan with their camera to send you a transaction.
- Ask a friend to send you a test transaction of a few tokens just to make sure everything's working. You can check these have been received by opening Keplr and looking at the purple
availabletag - this may take a short amount of time to show up. Assuming you see the tokens showing, all is good and you have received your first transaction!
- If you have tokens in your wallet you can also send a transaction. In your Keplr wallet interface, you just need to click the
sendbutton on the home screen. Doing so will open up a screen asking for an address; paste the address you want to send to and choose the denomination you wish to transfer and select
send. (Instructions may be less exact on this point)
- Celebrate; you're now a 'crypto initiate' having successfully overcome several user experience issues of web3! W00p 🎉